I don’t think there is any other hairstyle that is more versatile than braids. Black women from all different walks of life and ages have worn braids for decades. You can dress them up, dress them down, put them up in a ponytail, whatever your preference, you can always find a style that you can make your own.
From little girls wearing cornrows and beads, to a womewearing zillions, braids will always be a staple hairstyle in our community. From the easy maintenance to the self expression and the versatility, us black girls will always be proud to rock braids whenever we choose.
“Loving oneself isn’t hard, when you understand who and what ‘yourself’ is. It has nothing to do with the shape of your face, the size of your eyes, the length of your hair or the quality of your clothes. It’s so beyond all of those things and it’s what gives life to everything about you. Your own self is such a treasure.” Phylicia Rashad
“My greatest beauty secret is being happy with myself. I don’t use special creams or treatments – I’ll use a little bit of everything. It’s a mistake to think you are what you put on yourself. I believe that a lot of how you look is to do with how you feel about yourself and your life. Happiness is the greatest beauty secret.” Tina Turner
“To me, I always felt like I was carrying a torch for women of any size to be themselves – it doesn’t matter whether you’re a size 2 or a 22, just be who you are.” Queen Latifah
Find more more quotes at brainyquotes.com
It’s easy to get caught up in our busy lives. We have to do this at work, or there is an assignment that’s due. The kids have practice after school, or you have to make it to yoga class by seven. There are plenty of things in our daily lives that keep us busy. During our busy and hectic days it is God that keeps us, protects us, and gives us mercy and grace. In the midst of it all it’s important that we remind ourselves at the end of the day to take the time to be thankful.
There are plenty of women out there who have unknowingly been in a relationship with a married man. Don’t feel bad. It happens to the best of us. It’s easy to get mad at yourself and ask how could you have been so stupid or how could you have not known? The reality is a lot times married men who cheat on their wives are manipulative a**holes. There are some married men who literally live a whole different life that their wife knows nothing about. I’ve heard stories about men having a secret apartment, going by a different name, and all kinds of crazy stuff! Don’t blame yourself for his schemes.
After the initial shock, you can pull yourself back together and prepare to move on. One of the keys to getting over the heart break and utter betrayal is to stop feeling sorry for yourself. Yes you dated a married man and didn’t know, but guess what, you’re the lucky one. You don’ t have a ring on your finger from a lying cheating man. You’re the one that’s in the clear. You can cut him off and move on with your life and find a man who actually knows what it means to be faithful.
Meanwhile the wife is the one that has to deal with a husband who clearly doesn’t respect their marriage or himself. Just imagine how hard it is for her. Especially if they have children together. She has to figure out whether or not to divorce him. Leave or stay because of the kids. She’s in a much tougher spot than you are and it is so unfortunate that he put her in that situation. You should be thankful that you can make a clean split and never speak to his lying cheating behind again.
Another important tip to helping you move on is to not look to him to give you closure. Come on he’s the one that betrayed you so why look to him for any peace. It’s probably not going to happen. It would be nice if he would admit everything, but most of the time lying cheating men continue to do more lying and cheating. Look to yourself for the closure that you need. Keep a journal. Write down the things you learned about the situation so next time you will be aware of all the signs. Just chalk it up as a lesson learned and remember every great woman has a few heartbreak stories. They help to make us smarter and wiser!
What I love about The New Year is exactly that. A new year brings a new beginning. Especially if the current year has been a tough one, the new year brings hope for a brighter one. It’s a chance to let go of the things that have hurt you, the people that you should have cut off, and bad habits you should have broken. It’s an opportunity to strive to be a better person in the new year than you were in the one that’s ending. It’s a chance for a fresh start. Thank God for that!
There are tons of magazines out there telling us what sexy is. How to look sexy, how to be sexy, how to smell sexy, and so on and so on. Many women don’t realize that sexiness doesn’t have to be overt, because we are told over and over that sexiness is an outside thing. I beg to differ.
Sexiness can be more of a subtleness. That can be more intriguing than the obvious sexiness that we as women oftentimes feel we need to exude. You don’t have to show a man everything that you have. It’s a good thing to leave something to the imagination.
Sexiness can come in the form of your smartness. It can come in the form of your smile, your humor, or your inner beauty and strength. It can be in the way that you walk, and in your confidence. Sexiness comes in the package that you choose to create.
Dating is certainly not an easy thing to do. Especially in today’s society where having morals seems to be a thing of the past. Yes there are plenty of fish in the sea, but it’s tough to find one worth keeping. Luckily for us single girls there are a few qualities that can help us distinguish which fish to reel in and which ones to throw right back in the sea.
He’s a God Fearing Man
- If you’re a God fearing woman what sense does it make to be with a man who is not? It doesn’t! If a man isn’t led by God then he certainly can’t lead you anywhere. If God is the head of your life you should want a man that does the same. I don’t just mean he believes in God. He has a relationship with him, and makes an effort to try to be a man of God. He will pray for you and he will also pray with you.
He treats the women in his life with respect
- You can learn a lot just by watching the way a man treats the women in his life. If he treats his momma, his aunts, sisters, and the women in his life like queens that is a good sign. A man that knows how to respect the women in his life is more likely to treat the woman that he’s dating right.
He’s a good communicator
- Most men absolutely freaking suck at communicating!! A lot of times they don’t want to share how they feel and leave you in the dark. However a man that is a great communicator is totally different. He is open and honest with you. He makes it a priority to keep the airwaves of communication clear and concise. Not only will he be open with you but you will feel comfortable being open and honest with him.
He makes the effort to spend time with you
- I don’t care what anyone says, a man makes time for what’s important to him. No matter how tired he is, or how hectic his schedule is he is going to find the time to spend with you. If you mean something to him he is going to find a way to make it work.
He brings out the best in you
- A man that brings out the best in you is going to do just that. He will encourage you to be a better person. He will inspire you to go after your dreams, and make you want to be the best person you can be. He will make you feel like the most beautiful woman in the world, and in his eyes you are.